Sunday, May 31, 2009

This is what brought me back to sewing......

















I decided that I should make this page a bit more interesting since I have had several folks drop by for a visit. I hadn't sewn in years and years(about the time I started playing on the computer) :-) but a couple of months ago, I was Pouncing on Etsy and discovered rag quilts. I decided then and there I was going to make one for my granddaughter. She just loves ballerinas and I found the perfect fabric for the large blocks. Since pink and green are her favorite colors and the colors she chose for her new room, pink and green it was. After checking out various sites and armed with lots of info on rag quilting, I set in to do it! Of course, I decided that my old sewing machine was not good enough so I bought a new Brother 6000i machine and off I went! As you can see, I managed to get the quilt finished and my granddaughter loves it, especially the ballerinas! I think the "twinkly" stars are my favorite part(Click image to see the stars). Now I am busy searching the blog world for patterns and ideas so I can keep sewing. It is amazing how quickly I got back into the swing and ......... gulp, how much fabric I have accumulated in just a short time. Now if I just had more spare time to sew, I would be one happy seamstress!

1 comment:

  1. It's really GORGEOUS!!
    My favourite parts are the puffed hearts and the ballerinas!
    Beautiful colors as well!
    Your granddaughter is very lucky to have you as her grandma!!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete