Monday, March 9, 2015

MARCH BAG OF THE MONTH--CAMPFIRE MESSENGER BAG

I am so proud of myself! It is only March 9th and I have finished my March bag! I am usually so far behind in making the bags it isn't funny! The March bag is the Campfire Messenger Bag by Noodlehead, Anna Graham. I love it from the moment I saw it and knew I had just the right fabric. I bought the fabric ages ago and was saving it for just the right time! I must admit that the bag had a few challenging techniques for me but Anna explained everything so well, that I really had no big problems, just slowed down and read carefully!




The front of the bag is a bright array of flowers on the flap with coordinating yellow tabs for the snaps. I had "fun" putting the snaps on but after a few tries, I got pretty good at it!



The back of the bag has a full width pocket that is trimmed in the bright yellow fabric again. BTW, the colors in the photos of the front and the back exteriors is pretty close to the true color. Even though the photos were taken at the same time and the same place, the colors are sure different in the next photo!



Here are the cargo pockets and the exterior zipper  pocket. It really looks wrinkled in the photo but in real life, not so wrinkled!



This the interior of the flap. I love the gray, black and yellow together! The straps are made with a coordinating fabric that I found in my black and white stash. It matches almost exactly with the stripe in the flap interior. Just dumb luck, I guess!



A peek at  the interior of the bag with the same black and white check fabric for the inner slip pocket. It is quite roomy!
This is the view of  the top recessed zipper which gave me a bit of trouble until I slowed down, read carefully and followed Anna's directions. I even managed to match the stripes.I added leather ties on the zipper ends for that final touch!

By the way, it isn't too late for you to join the Bag of the Month Club! It continues on into June. If you join now, you will receive the first three patterns and  then get one the beginning of each month through June. Check out all the info at Sew Sweetness with Sara Lawson.

No comments:

Post a Comment