Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Takeoff Tote and Noodlehead's Poolside Tote

I have been busy sewing rag dolls and their clothes along with QAYG blocks for a while so I decided that I was ready to sew a tote or two!

 I have wanted to make the Take Off Tote(for me) by Erin Gilbey of Dog Under My Desk for a long time and I finally did it!!!! I have had this fabric forever and I love how it turned out. Instead of fabric straps, I used webbing. Also I used Stiff Stuff for body.(http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/products/stiff-stuff). For me, it is so much easier to use than Soft and Stable and gives the bag wonderful body. This is a large tote perfect for a weekend trip.  I think the best compliment that I have received for this tote is from my roommate who thinks it looks like a Coach bag! Since all the fabrics were remnants, this certainly didn't cost what a Coach bag would!


Front of the bag with zipper pocket with butterfly zipper pull

Back of bag with pocket

Inside pocket and cute little owl lining.

Leather tab on zipper

I next moved onto Noodlehead's Poolside tote. I got this pattern when I was a member of the Bag of the Month Club in 2014 but I kept putting off making it! Boy, was that a mistake. This is such a great pattern and perfect for the beach. I made the first one on Sunday and I quickly made a second one on Monday. The first tote I made exactly like the pattern was written with only Pellon SF101. This leaves the bag quite soft and has the ability to be stuffed to the gills with needed items for the beach. For the second tote, I usedPellon® 987F Fusible Fleece to give it more stability. I had so much fun making these. I am now planning on making one 80% of the full size for my grandkids.

Front of my first Poolside Tote. Note the cute little zipper pull.

Inside of tote with key fob.

Second tote using Pellon fusible fleece

Inside of tote

Close up of zipper pull


Close up of key fob










1 comment:

  1. Such fun bags! And what a sweet grandma you are to make more for your little cuties. Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete