Thursday, October 20, 2016

GREAT NEWS X THREE!!!!!!

What a great week it has been! The house closed on Monday, I got an apartment on Thursday and on Saturday if all goes well, I will be the owner of a new Hyundai Accent! We were really lucky because the second person who saw the house, bought it! There were a few glitches along the way but all's well that ends well! I was getting a bit worried about finding a place to live since this is a college town and most of the apartments are geared to students but fortunately my daughter-in-law found a great place. 2 bedroom, 1 bath with a patio area that is enclosed, loads of closets and close to everything! It has a washer-dryer hook-up which for me was a must. The biggest plus is that with the second bedroom, I will finally have a dedicated sewing room. I can't wait to set it up...just think, if I am in the middle of something, I can close a door and hide the mess,....not that I am ever messy! We have everything ready to buy the car after a test drive. I have never owned a new car so this will be a lot of fun(and learning  all the gadgets that will be new to me! So wish me luck) ;

I'm not sure how much sewing I will be doing in the next couple of weeks since I will be moving in and setting up. I have a lot of shopping to do because I only brought the bare necessities from Florida and then have to find a cable company, etc. But I have a bit to show this week and will save a bit for later, you know, spread the joy!

First up is the finished quilt that I showed you a couple of weeks ago. I found some adorable dotted fabric for the backing and added a cute little whale applique to make the back happy! Not sure exactly where this quilt will end up but I hope it adds happiness to someone's life.

I added a navy binding

Polka Dots and a Whale..who could ask for more?

Close up of my little whale. Doesn't he look happy?

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new home and a new car too! That is an adorable quilt - love the baby whale accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all your good news! Such an exciting time for you.

    Btw, it takes me years sometimes to find out all of the gadgetry (& how to work them) my new cars have. As long as I know the essentials, I'm good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is exciting! I'm happy for you!

    Your quilt is adorable...I love the whale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Moving is completely awful, but it will be over soon. And you're going to love the new car. A back up camera will change your life. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new apartment sounds perfect! New car, new home...very exiting :) I love the little smile on your whale's face, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of good news! Have fun getting settled into your new place and learning all the gadgetry in the car :) The little whale is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. I am following you. And you have to come over and visit and follow me! I just moved too and I am having my own sewing room too! I know excited you must be!
    I'll be unpacking fabric and thinking I've been shopping!
    Congratulations again. I hope you'll visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't envy you moving, but I am so happy you will have a dedicated sewing room! Your quilt is lovely - I love the simplicity of the blocks and how they truly highlight the pretty fabric! And the whale? Perfect! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy you found a place that has everything you dotted down on your wishlist. AND a new car! Whoohoo!! That is sooooo cool. So happy for you! I wish you an uneventful moving day. Congrats on the little quilt too. Love the whale swimming in a dotted sea. Just perfect. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope all is well with you and your family. Wish you happy holidays, loved ones close by, health and plenty of sewing projects. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your post good blog on site,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete